E-Learning Partnership during School Closure
Please watch this video message from our teachers. We miss our Matteson Families!
UPDATE! I hope this continues to find you and your loved ones staying safe, secure, and healthy during this time. We truly miss seeing our students and families!
- On Friday, April 17, Governor Pritzker announced that all Illinois schools will use remote learning for the completion of the 2019-2020 school year. Therefore, our school building will remain closed through the end of the school year.
- We continue to offer our e-learning partnership for the remainder of the school year.
- Pencil and Paper packets went out to the families who needed them and will take us through until the end of May.
- You will continue to find updated learning activities on our website and through your child's teachers' Google Classroom.
- If you are in need of anything please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher, our assistant principal Dr. Morgan, or me. Email will be the best way to reach us.
Mr. Huelsman: email@example.com
Dr. Morgan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following during the school closure:
- Grab and go breakfast and lunch meals are still available from 8:00 until 12:00 at Arcadia, Huth, Indiana, Richton Square and the District Office. Meals will no longer be available from Illinois, Matteson, and Sauk Schools.
- All of our teachers created Google Classrooms for your child to explore and engage in learning. Additional activities and work can be found on our Matteson School webpage under e-learning.
- There are packets available for families in need. Please let me or your child's teacher know if you're in need.
- We will continue to expand our virtual learning opportunities. Please connect with your child's teacher to find out more information.
- Xfinity has increased the number of hotspots in and around our area and you can access them for free. Please see the following information on how you can access these! For all residents: Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- During E-Learning days: teachers will be more immediately available between the times of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to assist our students and families. You may reach them electronically through one or more of these digital avenues; email, Class Dojo, or the Remind App.
- Periodic information will be sent out during our E-Learning Partnership days. IF you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact the administrative team at any time (Principal Huelsman, email@example.com; Dr. Morgan, firstname.lastname@example.org)