Welcome to Richton Square!
Home of the Tigers
This Week at Richton Square
First Day of School!
Join us for a Meet and Greet Parent Orientation!
Monday, August 26, 2019
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Parents must bring their child for the Pre-K Orientation.
Bus service for Pre-K will begin on
Tueday, August 27th, 2019.
All children will receive a new book bag donated by
Lambda Tau Omega AKA Sorority.
Dear Richton Families,
“High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation” – Charles Kettering
Welcome to Preschool! It is a great pleasure to welcome you to the 2019-2020 school year at Richton Square School. We hope the summer months have provided you with some rest, relaxation, and an opportunity to rejuvenate. The faculty and staff are preparing the school and classrooms for a year of magical wonder and amazing growth for your little star.
Childhood is full of exciting new experiences which we, as parents and teachers, relive through the eyes and laughter of our children. The first day of school is an exciting milestone in your child’s life. Your child is embarking on a journey that will lead them on many roads of investigation and discovery.
For many children this may be their first experience of separation from parents at home. It is common for even the most outgoing child to be anxious the first day of school. For this, Exciting activities have been specially planned for our children so that they can settle quickly and adjust easily to the school environment.
We have provided a few suggestions for assisting your child during this time. Remember the preschool staff will be available to provide support and assistance; making your child’s first school days happy days.
- Prepare your child for the new school experience by explaining what to expect. Answer all questions directly and honestly.
- Convey a positive attitude. Young children are aware of your feelings. Your enthusiasm will assure the child that school can be a fun and exciting place.
- Attend school daily and arrive on time (no later than 7:45 a.m.), ready for the day’s learning experience
- Establish a routine involving both the night before a school day as well as morning preparation.
- Read daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Clearly state to your child where you will be and when you will return. It may also be helpful to discuss what will happen when you are reunited.
We believe that communication is the key to your child’s success and to a great parent/teacher relationship. I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at any time.
I am looking forward to an outstanding year at Richton Square School. The Richton staff is dedicated to providing our students with the skills they need to be successful in school. We look forward to working in partnership with you to support your child in all they need. In closing, we are extremely excited about meeting you and your child on the FIRST DAY of school at our Parent Orientation on August 26th at 8:00 a.m.
Mrs. Narishea Parham, Associate Principal
EXCELLENCE is our Expectation!
Richton Square Preschool Programs
Full Day & Half Day
If toilet trained
- One change of clothing (pants, shirt, underwear, socks) in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name
If not toilet trained
- 1 package of diapers
- 1 package of wipes
- Two sets of clothing (pants, shirts, underwear, socks) in a Ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name
Richton Square School provides the following:
- Full sized book bags
- All classroom materials, including: crayons, scissors, glue, paper, paint, etc.
- Blankets for (full-day) students to use during rest time
- Home/School folders are provided for each child.
- A nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snack are provided daily, including milk for full day students (unless dietary restrictions require alternative snacks).
- Nutritious breakfast (AM half-day), nutritious snack (PM half-day), including milk, are provided daily (unless dietary restrictions require alternative snacks).
Parents: To print a copy of the supply list, please visit the For Parents Tab on the main page. The select Richton Square 2019-2020 School Supply List which will give you the ability to print the supply list if needed.