Welcome to Matteson Elementary School!
Home of the Eagles.
Out of the Nest
Ready to Soar!
This Week at Matteson
4-1-2020 UPDATE! Hello Matteson Families. As you are aware, Governor Pritzker has extended the stay-at-home order through the end of April. That means our school will be closed through Thursday, April 30. We are tentatively scheduled to reopen schools on Friday, May 1. We are working on extending our e-learning partnership experience for the duration of the closure.
Please note the following during the school closure:
- Grab and go breakfast and lunch meals are still available from 8:00 until 12:00 at Arcadia, Huth, Illinois, Indiana, Richton Square and the District Office. Meals will no longer be available from Matteson and Sauk Schools.
- Phase 2 of our e-learning plan included having all teachers create Google Classrooms for your child to explore and engage in learning. Additional activities and work can be found on our Matteson School webpage under e-learning.
- There are packets available for families in need. Please let me or your child's teacher know if you're in need.
- Xfinity has increased the number of hotspots in and around our area. Please see the information below on how you can access these!
- For all work completed at home:
- I would strongly recommend that students complete their work during the times that staff are available so they may provide assistance when needed. Once again, staff will be available between the times of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 pm. This will also help provide structure and a routine during the day as we help keep our students on a regular schedule.
- I also encourage you to find a quiet area of your home to help your child focus and complete their work.
- During E-Learning days: staff and students/families will be able to continue to communicate. Teachers will be available during E–Learning days between the times of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to assist our students. You may reach them electronically through one or more of these digital avenues; email, Class Dojo, or the Remind App.
- Periodic information will be sent out during our E-Learning Partnership days. IF you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact the administrative team at any time (Principal Huelsman, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Morgan, email@example.com)
ALSO for all residents: Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
Stay healthy and safe! We look forward to coming back together at school as soon as possible.
Thank you for your continued support.