This Week at Illinois School
Greetings Illinois School Families,
As we embark on a new adventure to our online environment, we welcome you to experience Google Classroom and Google Meet. Beginning Tuesday, March 31st, students will need access to technology to join their Google Classroom and Meet environments. If you have limited access to technology and you have gaming consoles such as PS4 and/or Xbox One with online access, you can utilize those consoles to log into Google Classroom. Click on E-Learning Partnership under Quick Links to see how you can change your gaming console into a “learning” console.
Teachers will provide information such as email addresses, passwords and/or classroom codes to enter in their classroom in ClassDojo. Students in grades fourth through eighth will already have prior knowledge interacting with Google Classroom so this will be an easy transition to an E-Learning Partnership.
Training tools for accessing Google Classroom will be provided to you in the video above. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to send a message in ClassDojo, email teachers, and/or email me, Principal Clay, at email@example.com.
We can do this together for “Excellence is the Expectation for Every Child Every Day!
Video Message from Principal Karen Clay
Greetings Illinois families,
As you are aware, Governor Pritzker has closed all public and private Pre-K through12th grade schools through April 7, 2020. Rest assured, we are continuously developing with our teachers and staff to provide a Distance Learning Partnership experience for all students at Illinois School.
Please note the following:
- Our main office phone lines will be open from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm to provide information and assistance during our Distance Learning days. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call (708) 747-0301.
- "Grab and Go" breakfast and lunch meals will be available from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm at the main entrance of our school, Monday through Friday, during our school calendar days.
- During Distance Learning Days: Staff, students and parents will be able to continue to communicate between the times of 9:00 am to 2:00 pm to assist our students. You may reach them electronically through one or more of these digital avenues: email, Class Dojo, Google Classroom, and/or the Remind App.
- We would strongly recommend that students complete their work during the times that staff are available so they may provide assistance when needed. Once again, staff will be available between the times of 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. This will also help provide structure and routine during the day as we help keep our students on a regular instructional schedule.
- We also encourage students to acquire a quiet area of your home to help them focus and complete their work.
- Information will be administered periodically during our Distance Learning days. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Illinois School, send Principal Clay a message in ClassDojo, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are enduring unprecedented times and we will surpass this challenge. We will continue to work together to ensure that our students remain safe and are able to continue their academic endeavors during this experience. We look forward to coming back to school as soon as possible. Thank you for your continued support and as always, Go Wolves!
Message from Dwayne Bryant
MATH FACTS PRACTICE AT HOME
Please be sure to have your 1st through 8th grade student practice their math facts DAILY for a minimum of 10 minutes per day on the Math Facts in a Flash Website! Click on the link below and type the login information provided to you on the Parent Home Connect Letter. If you did not receive a letter, please request one from your child's teacher. If you are experiencing difficulties using Google Chrome, try using Internet Explorer. Students will be regularly tested on their math facts in the classroom using this timed program.