PowerSchool Parent Account 2022-23 Registration:
New for the 2022-2023 school year, you will be able to complete your child’s online
registration through the PowerSchool Parent Portal. This will be available for our K –
8th grade students. The registration documents can ONLY be accessed with a parent login account. You CANNOT use your child’s login credentials.
Parents Who Have Already Created a PowerSchool Account:
If you are unable to access your account, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone will reach out to you to assist you in this process.
Parents Who Have Never Created a PowerSchool Account:
If you have never created a Parent Account, we are providing a set of instructions for setting up
your account (see below). You can also find a video tutorial on Matteson School District 162's website, in the "For Parents" section. If you are unable to create an account, please send an email to email@example.com, and someone will reach out to you to assist you in this process.
PowerSchool Parent Access - Setting Up Your Parent Account
- Open the Internet browser.
- Go to Matteson School District 162 website at http://www.sd162.org
- Click on the PowerSchool Access link in the Quick Link Section of the District Home Page.
- Click on the "Create Account" tab on the login page.
* Now click the blue Create Account button.
- Complete the fields on the top half of the page. (All fields are required.)
* When setting up your password, the password must be at least 7 characters long.
- Scroll down to the Link Student Accounts Section.
* To link a student to your account, enter the student's first name, Access ID, and Access
Password (located below this page), into the appropriate fields.
* Select your relationship to the student from the drop-down menu.
* If you have other students in grades K through 8, add their names, Access IDs, and Passwords
to the list.
- Click the blue "enter" button to finish creating your account.
- Log in with the username and password you just created.
You will need these codes to set up your Parent Access Account. IF YOU ALREADY CREATED
AN ACCOUNT LAST YEAR, YOU DO NOT NEED TO CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT. YOUR
LOGIN INFORMATION HAS NOT CHANGED.
If you experience any technical issues creating your new account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone will be happy to assist you.