The Matteson School District 162 / Richton Square philosophy, which is the foundation for the operation and implementation of our preschool programming, is as follows:
- We will support all children and their families in their efforts toward independent functioning, positive achievements and personal accomplishments.
- We will provide services without discrimination.
- Teachers and parents/guardians will work together to enhance the children’s educational progress and development.
- The curriculum will be developmentally appropriate.
- Highly qualified teachers and staff will maintain quality programming through continued staff development.
- We will provide service to children and their families that are responsive to individual culture, values, belief systems and the future implication of individual needs.