Welcome to the First Grade! I am very excited to begin a new school year. To follow are the expectations I have for my classroom. Let's have a great year!
- A homework packet will be sent home each week.
- The packet will contain all concepts that we will cover during the week.
- Please read the front cover of each packet for directions.
- Packets are given to the students on Friday. They can work on these concepts over the weekend and throughout the week.
- Packets are due back to school on Thursday.
- If a child forgets his/her packet it can be brought in on Friday.
- If a student does not hand in a packet/complete the packet he/she will complete it at ABC time on Friday afternoon.
- ABC time is on Friday afternoon for 40 minutes before dismissal.
- The students that have demonstrated mostly positive behavior for the week can participate.
- Students that have eared a red on the behavior chart on any day that week will not participate.
- Students that have not completed a homework packet will not participate.
- Students that need to finish homework will be given that time to do so.
- Students that have earned a red that week will be given time to reflect on ways to improve behavior.
- Each student has a Behavior Chart that will come home every night in the TAKE HOME FOLDER.
- Please review and initial this chart nightly.
- This is the daily communication log between home and school.
- I will check the chart each morning for notes and questions.
- Your child is responsible for coloring in his/her color that was earned for the day.
- If your child earned a yellow/red I will write a note as well.
- Please ask your child to explain WHY he/she earned this color before coming to me.
- Help your child to understand he/she is responsible for behaviors.
- Always keep hands and feet to yourself.
- Stay quiet and listen while the teacher is talking.
- Be kind to your classmates.
- Your child may bring a small healthy snack each day.
- The students know that it is their responsibility to bring a snack from home.
- If a student brings in an unhealthy snack choice, he/she will be allowed to eat it at lunch.
- Please help your child make healthy choices!