Pens and Pencils (blue or black only) 1 Composition notebook Folder with pockets
2 Spiral Notebooks Loose leaf paper (wide rule)
- Follow all directions the first time they are given.
- Be on time and prepared for class.
- Keep cell phones in lockers.
- Keep hands, feet, and belongings to yourself.
- Be respectful to all adults, classmates, and materials.
- Raise your hand before you speak or get out of your seat.
All rules in the district handbook will be enforced: dress code, fighting, etc…
- Verbal Warning
- Loss of Class Dojo Point (Which includes Parent Notice)
- Seat Moved to Independent Activity and loss of Dojo Points
- Time-Out to Alternate Classroom and loss of Dojo Points
- Lunch Detention and loss of Dojo Points
- Time-Out to Laird and a phone call home and loss of Dojo Points
- After School Detention and loss of Dojo Points
- Office Write-Up
- Students are expected to be prepared for class and to have ALL required materials in class EVERY This means all materials listed above for every class. (writing utensil)
- Students are expected to spend class time engaged in learning activities. Interruptions and disruptions of these activities or lack of participation will not be tolerated.
- Students are expected to display appropriate respect toward each other, school personnel and property.
- Students are expected to follow ALL Classroom Procedures each day!
- Quietly go directly to his/her assigned seat.
- Put all “non” subject books or class work away.
- Turn in any class homework in designated area.
- Read the board for the day’s lesson/instructions.
- Wait silently for the lesson to begin
Language Arts is broken down into two disciplines, reading and writing. The following is a very brief overview:
The reading curriculum will consist of the literature text, independent readings, novels, and essays.
- Assessments, daily assignments, book reports, reading logs, Independent Novel Studies, etc. will be assigned throughout the year. Point values for each will be announced beforehand.
- The writing curriculum will consist of the text, a workbook, writing assignments/essays, and journal writing.
The grading scale for Academic grades is as follows:
93%-100% = A
87%-92% = B
78%-86% = C
70%-77% = D
69% or below = F
- A student’s average will be computed using test/project (35%), classwork (25%), quizzes (25%), participation (10%), and homework (5%).
- Assessments, daily assignments, essays, etc. will be assigned throughout the year. Point values for each will be announced beforehand.