Welcome to Matteson Elementary School!
Home of the Eagles.
Out of the Nest
Ready to Soar!
This Week at Matteson
Dear Mighty Matteson Families,
The 2019-2020 school year is coming to an end and while this was not how we envisioned our school year, the power and resiliency you and your children have shown has been outstanding during this time of remote learning. Your hard work and dedication has strengthened our partnership in ways I could never have imagined. On behalf of the Matteson staff, I thank you for the wonderful work you’ve done throughout the school year; especially, during the past two months.
We are preparing one final school-wide activity for this school year. On June 4th and 5th, we will welcome you back to Matteson to collect your child’s report card and other personal items. You will also return any school materials during this time. In preparation for a successful close of the school year, we want to make sure you clearly know the procedures. We are hoping to make this process as safe and efficient as possible. In order to do this, we will need some help from our families. Please read and follow ALL of the guidelines listed below.
- All materials will be distributed from the schools rear parking lot only. Lanes are marked (See Map) and monitors will be present to assist you.
- Please place a sign in the window of your vehicle with your child/children’s name(s). Matteson staff will radio ahead to let them know you are here. Your child’s items will already be bagged and in the gym so we can quickly retrieve their materials for you to take home. Your child’s materials will be packed in a NEW clear bag. If your child has medication still at school, then the nurse will have that ready for pick up as well.
- As you arrive to get your child’s items, we will also collect materials (Library books; classroom books; etc.) that belong to the school. Please place these items in a bag in the trunk or hatch of your vehicle and we will take them out when you have stopped to receive your items.
- As we continue to follow CDC Guidelines in our practice of social distancing, we ask that you please remain in your vehicles. Materials will be brought to you and taken from you at the designated pick up points (see map – Red). IF you have a mask and gloves then please wear them to keep our staff safe. In an effort to reduce contact we will place and take items from the trunk or rear hatch of your vehicle.
- SAFETY FIRST! Be cautious and courteous! The parking lot can be congested and we ask you for your patience when dropping off or picking up materials. Remain in the traffic lane and exit the lot as directed. Don’t pull around other cars. Please be patient. All of the staff working our supply distribution need to practice social distancing and remain safe as possible. We will do our best to be speedy and to have you on your way quickly.
- The following schedule has been created to limit the number of people coming to school at once. We will organize items for pick-up by the first letter of your child’s last name. If you have multiple students in different grades, please choose a time that works for you and pick up all items for your family during one visit.
By Last Name
By Last Name
8:00am - 10:30am
A – L
M - Z
11:30am - 2:00pm
A - L
- Once you have exchanged our school materials for your child’s materials please make your way toward the exit. Follow the route to ensure we maintain a two-way traffic pattern.
Map and directions to Matteson Elementary School Rear Lot
The attached Map is described by the following:
Traveling on Main Street – Turn East at 213th Place until you reach Illinois St.
Turn North (Left) at Illinois St. and continue until you reach the school rear lot.
Please follow the instructions of the Traffic Monitoring Staff
*Yellow Arrows indicate the path we ask you to take
*Red Squares/Tables indicate pick up point
We have definitely missed you and we are looking forward to seeing you real soon. Until then, please continue to complete your remote learning activities. If you cannot drop your materials off during these days, please contact your classroom teacher immediately.
Continue to stay healthy, safe, and secure.
Please watch this video message from our teachers. We miss our Matteson Families!
UPDATE! I hope this continues to find you and your loved ones staying safe, secure, and healthy during this time. We truly miss seeing our students and families!
- On Friday, April 17, Governor Pritzker announced that all Illinois schools will use remote learning for the completion of the 2019-2020 school year. Therefore, our school building will remain closed through the end of the school year.
- We continue to offer our e-learning partnership for the remainder of the school year.
- Pencil and Paper packets went out to the families who needed them and will take us through until the end of May.
- You will continue to find updated learning activities on our website and through your child's teachers' Google Classroom.
- If you are in need of anything please do not hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher, our assistant principal Dr. Morgan, or me. Email will be the best way to reach us.
Mr. Huelsman: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Morgan: email@example.com
Please note the following during the school closure:
- Grab and go breakfast and lunch meals are still available from 8:00 until 12:00 at Arcadia, Huth, Indiana, Richton Square and the District Office. Meals will no longer be available from Illinois, Matteson, and Sauk Schools.
- All of our teachers created Google Classrooms for your child to explore and engage in learning. Additional activities and work can be found on our Matteson School webpage under e-learning.
- There are packets available for families in need. Please let me or your child's teacher know if you're in need.
- We will continue to expand our virtual learning opportunities. Please connect with your child's teacher to find out more information.
- Xfinity has increased the number of hotspots in and around our area and you can access them for free. Please see the following information on how you can access these! For all residents: Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots, and then launch a browser.
- During E-Learning days: teachers will be more immediately available between the times of 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. to assist our students and families. You may reach them electronically through one or more of these digital avenues; email, Class Dojo, or the Remind App.
- Periodic information will be sent out during our E-Learning Partnership days. IF you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact the administrative team at any time (Principal Huelsman, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Morgan, email@example.com)
Stay healthy and safe!