IAR practice folders went home. Please practice each night until the test. Thank you parents for your support!!
- Please remember to sign the assignment notebook every night to check homework and behavior.
- Bring a healthy snack and water to class everyday.
- Practice those math facts and read every night!!
- Graded papers go home every Monday in the Monday Graded Papers Folder. *This must be signed that you saw all graded papers and any papers that need to be fixed must be signed and returned for a better grade.
- Please go on Math Seeds, Reading Eggs, and Xtra Math at home.
- Check out Sumdog!
- Study Island is now up and running!! Please access at home.
This week our class will be studying Backstage with Chris and Casey. This is a review week so we will be reviewing compare and contrast and theme.
*No pretest this week*
Every Monday we will take a pretest on the Spelling words. If your child passes the pretest with 100%, they do not need to take the test on Friday. They will complete the dictation sentences.
If there is no school on Monday, the pretest will be on Tuesday or decided by the teacher.
Spelling packets are due every Friday.
You can find all of the spelling and vocabulary words on my page.
Please practice dictation sentences at home with sight words.
Visit Spelling City for practice on sight words and spelling words.
Please practice your math facts every night.
There is a quiz every Friday on the Math Common Core morning work.
Our class is studying multiplication. Please begin to practice times 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, and 10.
This week in math we are working with geometry and area and perimeter. Also, we will learn the different strategies for solving number stories and word problems. We will introduce fractions.
Please check out math seeds for more practice with skills and concepts.
Check out our online resources tab!
Xtra Math is extra credit right now. Please practice your facts.
The students complete a daily journal everyday.
We will continue to practice using adjectives. We will introduce articles this week.
The students will be writing a paragraph with details.
We will learn the 6 Traits of Writing.
The students love to read the Scholastic News and talk about current events. Our class has discussions and we share many different opinions. Our class will be exploring maps and geography. We will also be exploring Mystery Science.