- Please remember to sign the planner every night to check homework and behavior.
- Thank you for participating in the Book It program. I hope you enjoyed your pizza!
- Bring a healthy snack and water to class everyday.
- Practice those math facts and read every night!!
- Graded papers go home every Monday in the Monday Graded Papers Folder. *This must be signed that you saw all graded papers and any papers that need to be fixed must be signed and returned for a better grade.
- Here are the Rules and Procedures for Mrs. Dusing's 3rd grade class! School Rules!!
In case you misplaced:
This week we will continue to study reading skills and strategies with many different books genres.
Every Monday we will take a pretest on the Spelling words. If your child passes the pretest with 100%, they do not need to take the test on Friday. They will complete the dictation sentences.
If there is no school on Monday, the pretest will be on Tuesday.
Spelling packets are due every Friday.
I would also encourage going on Study Island and Reading Eggs, which can also be accessed through my online resources.
The class is enjoying Rocket Math. The students work at their levels starting with +, -, and x. The students will also be working on math computation using Math Facts in a Flash. Please practice your math facts every night. There is a quiz every Friday on the Common Core morning work math. We will finish up the year with Units 6 and 8, which we have already started during PARCC. We will be studying times 12 multiplication facts these next couple of weeks. Each student should know mentally their times 0, 1, 2, 3,4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
Please go online and practice your math facts using Xtra Math. You can access this through my online resources tab.
The students complete a daily journal everyday.
We will be catching up on Language these next couple of weeks.
Our class will be working on verbs and adjectives.
We will continue to learn the 6 Traits of Writing.
The students love to read the Scholastic News and talk about current events. Our class has discussions and we share many different opinions. Our class will be exploring maps and geography. We will also be exploring the Nature of Science.