Hello, thank you for stoping by to read about what's happening in Room 25. Last week we finished out STAR360 Early Literacy and Math Assessments. This week we will take on the STAR 360 Reading Assessment. This week mark's a short 4 day school week so assessments will be given on Thursday. Friday of this week we have Parent/Teacher Conferences. I have been in contact with most of my parents as far as scheduling appointments. If you have not returned my request for a conference, please do so. Conferences are only scheduled for one day, and the scheduled times are limited. Many of the time slots have been taken so please contact me as soon as you can. Information for the Schoolwide Black History project will go out this week (Monday). If interested you can review the Parent Letter and Requirements for the project on our school website page. I will also be posting these two items under Classwork...Black History Project in our Google Classroom.
Prior Classroom Notes:
Black History Month begins this week (February 1st). We will be celebrating several famous African Americans that made a huge difference our lives both past and present. We will concentrate on one famous trailblazing African American durinig Social Studies each of the four weeks in February. Please note that I will be sending home information in regards to your child completing a Black History project in which he/she will present to the class. A rubric will be posted in the google classroom to help you understand the expectations of this school-wide project as well as the famous person your child will be assigned. Projects will be due at the end of the month, a specific date will be given in the rubric.
Parent - Teacher Conferences are upon us soon (February 12th). I will be contacting you personally to discuss the need of an academic conference along with choosing a scheduled time to meet via zoom.
As always, you know that I am here for you with any questions or concerns. Please post any questions or concerns in our class dojo, send me an email, or contact via phone after school hours. Please note that I do not see messages in the Google Classroom Stream until the end of the day. Anything posted in the Google Classroom Stream is open to public/class viewing. I will not or can not discuss any student activity in the stream or an email due to privacy compliance. As many of you know, if you are having tech problems you can and have contacted me through my phone or the front school office.
- All students must wear a mask upon entering the school and the classroom. A mask will be worn the entire day with the exception of eating lunch. Parents, if at all possible, I ask that you send an additional mask for your child in the event one becomes soiled. A clean mask is very important to maintain good health.
- Your child must bring his/her laptop (pre-charged) along with the charger cable to school each day of their session. Unfortunately, we do not have extra laptops in the classroom and laptops can not be shared. We will be utilizing our laptops the entire day of school. Instruction will continue to be taught through the use of the laptop.
- Parents please send your child's workbooks (reading, math, science, social studies) as well as their writing journal with them each time they attend school. We will be using these in our daily lessons both in school and at home.
- Your child's school tools will be needed to be included in his/her bookbag and brought to school with them. Many of these tools were packed and sent home by me during the week of winter break. These tools include: pencils, crayons, dry erase board and marker, highlighter, along with the math/reading manipulatives. We use these items in all of our lessons throughout the day.
- We have a sanitizer dispenser mounted near our doorway, we will use this each time we enter and exit the room. However, I'm asking if you could please send a box of Kleenex and a small hand sanitizer in a plastic bottle for your child's personal use, to be stored at his/her desk.
As always, parents you know I am here to answer any of your questions or concerns. Our academic partnership has been a successful team effort, I don't see any changes in that area as we continue on our academic journey together. Thank you so much for supporting my efforts, laughing along with me, and being my number one fans and cheering section! As for my thoughts, you guys ROCK, without you, I could not do this on my own. As I say to the students, let's move forward, get out of our way, here we come!
STAR 360 READING AND MATH BENCHMARK TESTING WILL BEGIN THE WEEK OF JANUARY 25TH. AS BEFORE I WILL ADMINISTERING THESE TESTS TO 5 STUDENT AT A TIME BEGINING AT 1:30. THE TEST WILL BE GIVEN IN TWO SESSIONS, ONE FOR READING, AND A SECOND FOR MATH. A PARENT OR GUARDIAN WILL BE REQUIRED TO ACCOMPANY THE STUDENT DURING THE TEST DURATION. I WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE INITIAL SET UP OF THE ASSESSMENT AS BEFORE, AND WILL REMAIN WITH YOU AND YOUR CHILD UNTIL THE TEST IS COMPLETE. THE STUDENTS DID VERY WELL THE FIRST TIME TAKING THE TEST. I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THE ACHIEVEMENTS THAT HAVE MADE OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS!
Please Note: make sure you check our Google Classroom daily for homework assignments and iRead assignments. These assignments should be completed and returned for a grade in a timely manner.
All weekly tests are assigned on Friday afternoon and the due date is scheduled for Sunday at midnight. If you are unable to complete the tests please contact me and we will make arrangements to extend the time frame needed to complete the test. ALL TESTS ARE CLOSED A WEEK AFTER THE DUE DATE POSTED.
Always remember, if you have any questions or concerns you know you can contact me anytime through email, Class Dojo, and many of you have my phone number. Please note that if class is in session and I am teaching I can not always respond to texts, phone calls, emails, class dojo until the students are on a break. If it is an emergency, then please get my attention during our class meeting.
IMPORTANT TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION:
If you are disconnected from the meeting then yes, please let me know so I can invite your child back in. If you child has to leave class for any reason please just let me know during our class meeting or send me a message. I am very flexible and understanding. If you child misses any of our class lessons, I always post them at the end of the day in my Google Classroom under that day. I ask that if you review the slides to please know they are for review only, they are not "interactive/workable" slides. Please do not delete, alter, or change any of the slides.
Ms. Connolly’s Daily Schedule
7:45 – 8:15 Log On-Check In/Morning Meeting/Calendar/Math Skill Review
8:15 – 9:20 ELA Block 1 (Reading/Spelling/Vocabulary/Foundation Skills)
9:15 – 9:30 or 9:30 - 9:45 (depending on our ELA activities) Brain/Breakfast Break
9:30 – 10:15 Reading Strategies
10:15 – 10:40 Grammar/Writing Workshop
10:40 – 11:20 LUNCH
11:20 – 12:00 SPECIALS
Monday/Library Tuesday/P.E. Wednesday/Technology
12:00 – 12:30 Social Studies (Mon. & Tues.) Science (Weds. thru Fri.)
12:30 – 12:40 Brain Break/Snack
12:40 – 1:45 Math Fluency/EM4 Math Skills
1:45 – 2:15 Office Hours (Small Group/Interventions)
Once again, thank you for your support. I look forward to a productive and successful school year.