Good Afternoon Parents/Guardians:
Wow, its hard to believe that as I write this, the last day of summer is withering away. Fall is upon us and, with that said, I have lots of fun activities in store for the students in Room 25. Fall connects so well with literature, science, and even math. I enjoyed seeing many of you during the Open House last week. It was so nice to finally have parents in the building again. I will be sending a copy of the things we discussed soon for you to keep to review if questions arise.
Mid-term grades were finalized this week and your child will receive a Mid-term report on Friday. Please look for this in their red take-home folders.
Please note that Covid testing kits were sent home with students on Thursday. Please make sure to utilize these tests on Sunday, September 18th and submit the results. Directions as to filing out the Google form and sending both the form and photo of the results were placed in your child's red take-home folder on Thursday. If, in the event, you are not able to utilize the Google form, then and only then can you send the photo of the test to me. Please make sure you lay the test on a piece of paper that has the student's first and last name, date of test, and my name (Connolly). I then will forward it to Mrs. Huston, our school Principal.
As always, you know that I am here for you with any questions or concerns. I will be utilizing Class DoJo again this year. I will be sending you a Class Dojo invitation to join in an email. I will be posting class activities or important information there and in my Google Classroom. If you have any questions or concerns, you can send me an email, contact me through Class Dojo, or contact me via phone after school hours. Please note that I do not see messages in the Google Classroom Stream until the end of the day. Anything posted in the Google Classroom Stream is open to public/class viewing. I will not or can not discuss any student activity in the stream or an email due to privacy compliance.
A FRIENDLY REMINDER TO PARENTS OF ALL STUDENTS WHO ARE RETURNING THIS FALL. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES AND RULES CAREFULLY AND DISCUSS THESE EXPECTATIONS WITH YOUR CHILD TO ENSURE A SAFE RETURN AND CLASSROOM ENVIRONMENT.
- All students must wear a mask upon entering the school and the classroom. A mask will be worn the entire day with the exception of eating lunch. Parents, if at all possible, I ask that you send an additional mask for your child in the event one becomes soiled. A clean mask is very important to maintain good health.
- Your child will be receiving a Chrome Book which will be taken home daily and must be returned fully charged the next morning. Chrome Books are used daily in the classroom and on Wednesdays in Technology.
- Student "Red" take-home folders will go home each evening and are expected to be returned in the morning. This will be used as another communication tool for district information, notes from me, permission slips, and any classwork/assessments that may require a signature. Please check your child's folder on a daily basis.
- Your child's school tools/supplies will remain in school. Please have an additional set at home to be used for homework assignments.
- Homework will be assigned weekly and will be expected to be completed and returned each Friday.
- Weekly Reading, Spelling, Math, and Language Arts weekly assessments will be given every Thursday in class. Please make sure your child is prepared and in attendance for testing on Thursdays.
- Our goal this year is to have 100% perfect attendance and non-tardies.
As always, parents you know I am here to answer any of your questions or concerns. I can be reached by phone (708) 748-0480, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, through Class DoJo, as well as Google Classroom. A successful academic partnership is a team effort,\. I look forward to our academic journey together. Thank you in advance for supporting my efforts, laughing along with me, and being Room 25's number one fans and cheering section! As for my thoughts, parents, you ROCK, without you, I could not do this on my own.
Please Note: Homework packets and Reading Logs will go home weekly (Monday), they are to be completed, reviewed and signed off by parents/guardians, and then returned on Fridays. Please no exceptions. Packets contain skills covered in class along with spelling and grammar practice. A Reading Log is attached to the back of the homework packet to record your child's weekly reading minutes. As you know, I highly recommend that your child read at least 30 minutes per evening to help with his/her reading fluency skills.
Also Remember to keep those laptops charged, thank you!
Ms. Connolly’s Daily Schedule
7:45 – 8:15 Attendance/Morning Meeting/Calendar/Math Skill Review
8:15 – 8:40 Daily Journal Writing
8:45 – 9:00 Restroom Break
9:00 - 10:40 Reading Block (Reading Strategies, Vocabulary, Spelling, Grammar)
10:40 – 11:20 LUNCH
11:20 – 12:00 Specials (Monday - Library) (Tuesday - P.E.) (Wednesday - Technology) (Thursday - Music) (Friday - Art)
12:00 – 1:00 Math
1:00 – 1:15 Restroom Break
1:15 - 1:45 Math (Cont.) Friday's Science/Social Studies
1:45 – 2:15 Prepare for Dismisal/Pack and Snack
Once again, thank you for your support. I look forward to a productive and successful school year.