Welcome to Technology! I am excited that you are taking Technology and am looking forward to getting to know each of you. I have high expectations for my students. Students need to come to class prepared and ready to participate. I only see students every other day and for only one quarter. In order for students to be successful in class, they need to stay on task and be focused while they are here. Students, YOU are responsible for YOUR success in this class.
You must bring these materials to class every day…
- Student planner (assignment notebook) provided to each student at the beginning of the school year)
- Pen or pencil
- Single subject spiral for Technology class, I will keep spirals in class for the quarter
- Grading Scale: F: Below 70, D: 70-77, C: 78-86, B: 87-92, A: 93-100
- You will have the opportunity to earn points from class work, writing assignments (vocabulary and notes), projects, and homework.
- Extra Credit: 5 points can be added for bringing in a box of Kleenex any time during the quarter.
Students will only have homework if they were absent or did not complete the assignment/s in class. Students will have until next class period to turn in homework.
You are responsible for any work you miss due to an excused absence in class. This work is due the class period following your return. I will accept late work, but there will be two points deducted for each class period late. After one week I will not accept late work.
PowerSchool & Schoolwires
Grades will be posted on PowerSchool, and class information will be posted on Schoolwires for you and your parents to view.
- Students may not change settings or download any type of file without permission.
- Students are only to visit the websites the teacher permits.
- Students are never permitted to surf the web.
- Check your work area upon entering the classroom and report any problems to your teacher immediately. (i.e. Keyboard, Monitor, Mouse, and workstation for any graffiti.)
All school and district policies will be strictly enforced.
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized.
- Everyone listens when others speak.
- Speak with respect – treat others like you would want to be treated.
- Please keep hands, feet, and belongings to yourself.
- Each direction is followed the first time given.
- Come to class prepared with assignment book and supplies
- Take your assigned seat when you enter the classroom.
Class begins and ends on time. Begin working quietly as soon as you arrive, and wait until the class is dismissed to leave your seat.
Work hard! Mistakes and struggles are a natural part of the learning process that leads to mastery.
Classroom Discipline Plan
All school procedures will be in effect in our classroom.
- Verbal Warning
- Conference with student
- Change seat in classroom
- Call home
- Continual disruption then discipline referral and/or administrator involvement
Cell phones are not to be used during school hours; policy is to give cell phones to an administrator.