HOME OF THE KNIGHTS!
O.W. Huth Middle School:
Where we're Making it Happen One KNIGHT at a Time.
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year!
Modified Dress Code
O.W. HUTH MIDDLE SCHOOL
MODIFIED DRESS CODE
Since O.W. Huth is a place of learning, it is expected that students will adhere to a modified dress code. The dress code is a positive contributing factor to our continued success as it helps to improve school climate and allows students to focus on education.
Upper garments will consist of white or blue (any shade) polo shirts and/or collared dress shirts. Shirts must be plain (void of writing) and hemmed at the appropriate length. Emblems may be no larger than one square inch. Shirts may be long or short sleeved. White undershirts or turtlenecks may be worn underneath, as weather requires. Plain (void of writing) black, white, or navy hoodless knit sweaters can be worn over a blue or white polo or collared shirt as weather requires. Students will also be permitted to wear the Huth Knights Fleece sweater.
Lower garments will be navy blue, black, or khaki dress slacks, shorts, skirts, or dresses. Lower garments must fit properly (not oversized or excessively tight). More specifically, waistbands are to be fitted at the waist and pants/shorts can only flair to a safe width. All pants/shorts with belt loops must have a belt or suspenders at all times. Please note: shirts/skirts must be at least the length of your longest finger when your arm and hand are completely extended to your side. Also, denim (including black and blue jeans), stretch material (such as but not limited to Leggings or Jeggings) or wide-pants are unacceptable school wear.
The following guidelines will serve as guidelines for students, parents, and staff:
- Jackets, coats, hats, head coverings (scarves/bandanas), gloves, sunglasses, or other forms of “outer wear” are to be removed during the school day. (Students with a note from a physician may be exempt from this guideline.)
- Large purses, bags (including sports bags or backpacks/suitcases) that cannot fit into a locker are not permitted.
- Chain belts, studded belts, large chain necklaces are prohibited. Rubber bands (or other elastic material) may not be used to secure/roll pants.
- Attire (including jewelry or any other accessories) that advertises/promotes or depicts alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, drugs, gangs, nudity, harassment, acts of violence or profanity is prohibited.
- Male students may not wear earrings. (Band-Aids cannot be used to cover earrings.)
- Brief attire (including but not limited to beachwear or pajama/pajama-like clothing) is unacceptable. More specifically, tank tops, halter tops, spaghetti strapped dresses or blouses, strapless clothing, boxer shorts are inappropriate for school.
- Shoes must cover the entire foot. Shoes/laces must be the same. Only one lace can be worn per shoe.
Ms. Brenda Calvin, Principal
Mr. Scott Chandler, Assistant Principal
Mr. Michael Rogalski, Dean of Students